Forget pumpkin spice; Avaline’s organic and vegan red wine is the perfect base for this autumn-flavored spritz. Hello, happy hour!
Avaline co-founders Cameron Diaz and Katherine Power launched Avaline Red in 2020. The organic red wine is now made in partnership with EthicDrinks, based in Bordeaux, France. Together, Avaline and EthicDrinks are hard at work sourcing the best organic grapes, and working to support efforts including WWF France and the Surfrider Foundation’s efforts to fight plastic pollution. Cheers to that!
This autumn wine spritz marries the best of all worlds: it’s a light and refreshing break from heavier seasonal drinks but still delivers on the flavor with sweet, juicy pear, and a pinch of cinnamon to remind you cooler weather is indeed on its way, but it’s still warm enough to enjoy a light wine cocktail.
Avaline’s Red Pear and Cinnamon Wine Spritz
- 3 oz Avaline Red wine
- ¼ Pear, muddled
- 1 pinch Cinnamon
- Twist of lemon
- Sparkling water
- In a glass, muddle ¼ of a pear with a pinch of cinnamon.
- Add 3 oz of Avaline Red (or however much you’re in the mood for!).
- Strain into your favorite wine glass and add a few ice cubes.
- Top with sparkling water, and garnish with a refreshing twist of lemon.
- Enjoy with the late afternoon sun and a gentle autumn breeze.
Related: 7 Nonalcoholic Botanical Spirits the Ethos Founders Are Drinking Instead of Booze