Naturally gluten-free and vegan, these baked falafel balls are filled with chickpeas, herbs, and spices.
These easy falafel are perfect served with hummus and gluten-free pita bread for a healthy and filling lunch.
Spiced Baked Vegan Chickpea Falafel
- 1 can 1 can (14-ounce or 400g) chickpeas drained
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp ground pepper
- 2 tbsp gluten-free all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, pulse all ingredients until smooth and combined. Roll into ten equal-sized balls and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle with oil and bake 25 minutes until cooked through. Cool 10 minutes, then eat warm or store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Excerpted from The Everything Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free Baking Cookbook by Alice Wiggins. Copyright © 2021 by Simon & Schuster, Inc. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved.