Looking to take the edge off? Try these vegan cannabis products.
Once largely taboo, cannabis has seen a seismic shift in recent years as legalization has increased and science points to an increasing number of potential benefits. Derived from the cannabis sativa plant, its compounds, mainly cannabidiol (CBD) and tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), find themselves in a vast array of products catering to different needs.
Types of cannabis products
To enjoy the benefits of cannabis, you don’t have to roll up a Bob Marley-style spliff — although that’s still perfectly acceptable, too. Today, there are a range of ways to get your cannabis:
1. Therapeutic Oils and Tinctures: CBD oil is one of the most prevalent cannabis products on the market. Many users turn to it for potential therapeutic effects, including pain relief, anxiety reduction, and sleep improvement. Unlike THC, CBD doesn’t induce a “high,” making it more suitable for those seeking benefits without psychoactive effects.
2. Edibles: Edibles, ranging from gummies to baked goods infused with THC or CBD, are popular for both recreational and medical users. They offer an alternative to smoking and may provide longer-lasting effects. Some people opt for CBD edibles for potential relaxation without the intoxicating effects of THC.
3. Topicals: Cannabis-infused lotions, balms, and salves can be applied directly to the skin. They are often sought after for localized pain relief, skin conditions, and even cosmetic benefits, without inducing systemic psychoactive effects.
4. Vaping: Vaporizing cannabis concentrates or flowers has become a popular method of consumption, considered by some to be less harmful than smoking. It provides a quick onset of effects, beneficial for those using cannabis for acute issues like sudden pain or anxiety flare-ups.
5. Capsules and Pills: For those who require consistent dosages, especially for medical reasons, cannabis-infused capsules and pills are a suitable option. They offer a controlled way to consume either THC or CBD.
What to look for in cannabis products
Not all cannabis products are created equal. Some cannabis companies take quality and morale concerns more seriously than others.
Here are a few tips to help you find high-quality cannabis products.
- Read the Labels. Always check the list of ingredients. Authentic cannabis products will be transparent about their plant-based composition and avoid any animal-derived additives.
- Choose Ethical Brands. Look for brands that manifest a clear commitment to veganism and who have many cannabis products. To see what a brand stands for, check out the “About” section of its website, as this often alludes to its values and mission.
- Require Third-Party Testing. Look for brands whose products have been submitted to third-party testing. Such testing ensures that you’re getting safe and reliable cannabis products.
Cannabis products to try
These cannabis products may help to soothe stress, provide elevated experiences and uplift your mindset.
You can find vegan THC gummies online that are made with pectin instead of gelatin — gelatin is a co-product of the beef industry made from bones and cartilage and can contain some other buzzkill nasties. Packed with a potent dose of cannabinoids, these federally legal hemp-derived gummies are an easy way to reap the benefits of cannabis. It’s an added bonus that they’re made with deliciously natural fruit flavors.
An alternative to alcohol, THC seltzer provides uplifting and euphoric vibes that are great for going out or chilling out. Find a vegan THC seltzer naturally flavored with fruit juice and puree for an elevated flavor palate and fewer calories.
CBD oil is great for anyone seeking a soothing, nonpsychoactive, cannabis experience. Look for one made with MCT oil and natural flavors. Additionally, it’s better to use high-potency CBD drops since they have more of an impact. High-potency CBD oil can contain anywhere from 2,000 to 9,000 mg of CBD per one-ounce bottle.
Related on Ethos: