This simple vegan chocolate bark is bejeweled with chewy bits of sweet dried berries, apricots, and ginger, and crunch from nuts, seeds, and coconut.
This is the perfect nibble. Use good-quality chocolate chips and organic dried fruit. So satisfying. My favorite going-on-a-car-trip snack. Store dried fruit in airtight containers away from light and heat.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Fruit Bark
- 2½ cups semisweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup dried apricots, chopped
- ½ cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup toasted sunflower seeds
- ½ cup dried pineapple, chopped
- ¼ cup dried, unsweetened coconut
- In the top of a double boiler, or in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of hot water, place the chocolate chips, cocoa powder, oil, and ginger. Stir until the chocolate is melted. Remove from heat.
- Add half of the cranberries, apricot, pecans, sunflower seeds, and pineapple. Mix well.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining cranberries, apricots, pecans, sunflower seeds, pineapple, and coconut.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Break bark into bite-size pieces.
Reprinted with permission from The Fair Trade Ingredient Cookbook by Nettie Cronish (Whitecap Books, 2021).