Nothing says comfort quite like pasta, right? This easy, vegan, gluten-free recipe is bursting with umami goodness from a meaty mushroom sauce—with none of the guilt.
This plant-based dish is also gluten-free and super easy to make. It’s likely to fool picky eaters and meat lovers alike. Garnish this dish with fresh parsley or basil.
Chickpea Pasta With Meaty Vegan Mushroom Sauce
- 8 ounces dry chickpea spaghetti
- 8 ounces white mushrroms thinly sliced
- 2 cups meatless crumbles
- 3 cups low-sodium marinara sauce
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp red pepper flakes
- In a medium pot, bring water to a boil and cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat a large saucepan sprayed with olive oil spray over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and sauté́ 2–3 minutes.
- Add meatless crumbles and cook 4–5 minutes, allowing them to brown and water to evaporate.
- Add sauce, garlic powder, black pepper, and red pepper flakes. Stir and heat 2 minutes.
- To serve, add 1 cup pasta and 1 cup sauce to each of four medium bowls and serve.
Excerpted from The Everything Easy Pre-Diabetes Cookbook by Lauren Harris-Pincus, MS, RDN. Copyright © 2021 by Simon & Schuster, Inc. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved