Whip up these classic vegetable spring rolls with a peanut dipping sauce in no time for an easy appetizer, side, or lunch.
These easy vegetable spring rolls leave lots of room for experimenting. Add in sliced tempeh or tofu for a protein boost. Try seasonal vegetables like asparagus or zucchini. Give it an umami boost with sliced mushrooms. Spice up the peanut sauce with a little bit of red chili flakes. The possibilities are endless!
Vegetable Spring Rolls With Peanut Dipping Sauce
You can’t beat homemade crispy spring rolls, and you won’t believe how delicious this baked recipe is, dipped in a homemade peanut sauce.
Servings 12 rolls
- ½ cup cooked rice noodles
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 12 rice paper wrappers
- 2 medium carrots peeled, finely sliced
- 1 medium bell pepper seeded, finely sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ¼ cup +2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, toss noodles with sesame oil and salt and set aside. In a wide bowl of warm water, carefully place a sheet of rice paper and submerge 10 seconds to soften. Immediately remove from water and place on a flat work surface.
- Fill roll by adding one and a half of noodles, carrots, peppers, bean sprouts, and cilantro horizontally along bottom one-third of rice paper wrapper, leaving about 1" of open rice paper around edges
- Fold lower edge of rice paper up and over filling. Fold both short sides over filling, and roll up like a burrito. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make twelve spring rolls.
- Place spring rolls onto prepared baking sheet and brush with vegetable oil. Bake 25 minutes until crispy, turning halfway through cooking.
- In a medium bowl, mix peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce, maple syrup, sesame oil, and water. Serve alongside warm Spring Rolls.
Excerpted from The Everything Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free Baking Cookbook by Alice Wiggins. Copyright © 2021 by Simon & Schuster, Inc. Used by permission of the publisher. All rights reserved.