Friday is pizza night in our home, and bar none, this is my favorite combination for an amazing homemade pizza that will wow both carnivores and vegans alike.
To make life easy, I use premade packages of fresh whole wheat pizza dough, which you can find at most mainstream grocery stores or Italian bakeries. Any experience I have had making my own whole wheat dough in the past has ended in disaster with flour and dough everywhere but the countertop, so I can‘t in good faith recommend it.
If you don’t love the topping choices listed, feel free to customize this with your favorites!
TGIF Vegan Pizza
- All-purpose flour
- 1 16 oz package fresh whole wheat pizza dough
- 1 15-oz can tomato sauce (about 1 1⁄2 cups)
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 4 servings Vegan Mozzarella
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, marinated in brine or vinegar, chopped
- 1 vine-ripened tomato, sliced
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tbsp cornmeal
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Flour a clean and flat surface, roll out the pizza dough, and transfer to a pizza pan or large, rectangular baking sheet.
- Top with your desired amount of tomato sauce and then sprinkle with the Italianseasoning.
- Pour a generous amount of the Vegan Mozzarella sauce directly from the blender onto the pizza, either in blobs to give a mozzarella effect or in streaks across the entire surface.
- Next, add the toppings: the artichoke, sliced tomato, fresh basil, andmushrooms. Finish off by sprinkling cornmeal on the outer edges of the crust.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown. Slice into about eightpieces.
Pair this pizza with a toothsome salad recipe.
Excerpted from PLANT YOU. Used with the permission of the publisher, Hachette Go, an imprint of Hachette Book Group, Inc. Copyright © 2022 by Carleigh Bodrug.
Related on Ethos: